Southern  UK Jive Forum Index Southern UK Jive
Share Jive Experiences and Opinions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Go to the Southern UK Jive Calendar
Jiveonaut

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Southern UK Jive Forum Index -> Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jiveonaut
Forum legend

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:11 pm    Post subject: Jiveonaut Reply with quote

Hi all. I've been jiving around the area for about 8 years now. Have briefly flirted with other forms of dance, but keep coming back to Modern Jive as its great! I regularly go to Wilton and Amesbury, probably go about 4 - 5 times a week inc freestyles. My "record" is 12 days straight inc TWO weekenders (I was in bits by the end!), and even in Mar 09 did 24 days out of 31 , so you could say I'm keen!! I've done a fair bit of demo-ing in the past but what with one thing and another that's dried up a bit - open to offers though!!

I'm from the "above all its a bit of fun" school of dancing, and believe that anyone who takes dancing TOO seriously needs a gentle slap!!! Life is too short.... That said, I do like to dance as well as possible, and do really enjoy the technical aspects of jiving as well. Its nearly all technique, and NOT horsepower. This can take a lot of practice (dare I say work?) and this in itself can be a lot of fun.

I do like dancing TO the music, and look at moves like language: the more I know, the broader my vocab and so the better I can dance to different types of music.

Above all though its about having fun. I can have just as much fun with a new beginner who knows only 3 moves but who leaves the floor after 3 minutes with me smiling as I can with a fantabulous lady who lets me throw her all over the place! And when that new beginner gets to the point where I can throw her about fantabulously I get a real sense of achievement, especially if I've helped her along the way. Not very well put, but its a really great feeling. Its the partner bit of the partner dance!
Southern Jiver
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the intro, Jiveonaut. I have to say I agree with everything you have said about dancing for fun and not taking it too seriously and even about dancing with beginners. Good to have such a like-minded Jiver on the Forum. Smile
Jiveonaut
Forum legend

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooo I feel like an MP, declaring my interest!!! I have been a taxi but predominantly a demonstrator for Cerocs Salisbury and Fever in the past at Wilton, and still am for Ceroc Live there. Probably for 6 or 7 years in total.

Interest declared! Now, to continue my MP theme, what about my expenses SJ? My ducks would like an extension on their house...... Wink
Southern Jiver
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jiveonaut wrote:
Oooo I feel like an MP, declaring my interest!!! I have been a taxi but predominantly a demonstrator for Cerocs Salisbury and Fever in the past at Wilton, and still am for Ceroc Live there. Probably for 6 or 7 years in total.

Interest declared! Now, to continue my MP theme, what about my expenses SJ? My ducks would like an extension on their house...... Wink
Just fill in the relevant forms, Jiveonaut, you could probably get a couple of houses in the country too! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Southern UK Jive Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: