Southern  UK Jive Forum Index Southern UK Jive
Share Jive Experiences and Opinions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Go to the Southern UK Jive Calendar
Dealing with perspiration

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dancin-angel82
Regular

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:37 pm    Post subject: Dealing with perspiration Reply with quote

I recently saw this shirt on 'This Morning'. They did an on show test and it was proven that this does actually work.

Taken from the website....

"Until now, sweat control technology has been the domain of sports wear. But a new range of shirts has been launched that can prevent unsightly patches.

THEY’RE unsightly and not even the fittest of men can avoid underarm sweat patches at some point or other. And they’re especially noticable on dark coloured formal shirts.

For men who suffer in over-heated offices or have to hurry from meeting to meeting, help is at hand because Marks & Spencer have come up with a solution for those embarrassing circles.

The company will be launching a range of sweat-free shirts for men, the first of their kind on the high street. The Dry Extreme shirt uses Smartweave technology to avoid sweat patches, keeping men dry and smart all day. The shirt has been designed to avoid sweat patches forming by drawing perspiration away from the ski, into the inner fabric and dispersing it as vapour. The outer fibres of the shirt reflect moisture and prevent discolouration.

The Dry Extreme shirt has been developed in response to customer feedback.

“Sweat patches can be an embarrassing problem for men, especially when they are faced with stressful situations and looking sharp through the summer months. Our Dry Extreme shirts provide the perfect solution, giving the wearer a formal shirt with the hidden benefit of keeping them smart and dry. We think they will be a great success with our customers,” says Mark Yates, M&S technical manager.

Priced at £39.50, the range consists of four styles – plain white and blue, striped navy/white and striped sky/white."

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/leisure/lifestyle/shopsandfashion/8953061.Don___t_sweat_it__lads/

I thought this would be interesting for some Very Happy
Southern Jiver
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds like an April Fool's Day joke! Very Happy

It would be great if they actually worked but I can't see them actually being able to "vaporise" the quantities produced while dancing. Smile
dancin-angel82
Regular

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well here is the like to M&S website page:
http://www.marksandspencer.com/Dry-Extreme-Shirts-Mens/b/648956031?ie=UTF8&pf_rd_r=1DMRHAFZ41Y7ZTNMBYKK&pf_rd_m=A2BO0OYVBKIQJM&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=43371030&pf_rd_p=475115433&pf_rd_s=left-nav-2

It looked pretty good when they did the test on the show, i'm hoping they'll do something like this for women. I would definatly get one to try. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Southern UK Jive Forum Index -> Jive Q & A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: