Southern  UK Jive Forum Index Southern UK Jive
Share Jive Experiences and Opinions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Go to the Southern UK Jive Calendar
Tuesday Jive Class, Ryde IOW

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andy McGregor
Forum legend

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Tuesday Jive Class, Ryde IOW Reply with quote

I was guest teacher at this class, invited as word had got out that I was on the island, sailing in Cowes Week.

They were probably the most friendly bunch of dancers I've ever met! And the most keen to learn new stuff too.

They have asked me back and, although I have a regular Tuesday class, I will do my best to get cover and make the 5 hour round trip.

The only negative is that it was a hot night so people sat down more during the freestyle dancing.

p.s. The previous night I'd had dinner with Prince Philip in the Royal Yacht Squadron. Both nights were equally fabulous!
Southern Jiver
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy, we are quite happy with advertising on here...was that Team LeRoc you were talking about?
Andy McGregor
Forum legend

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Southern Jiver wrote:
Andy, we are quite happy with advertising on here...was that Team LeRoc you were talking about?
No, I've always known them as Amanda and Basil. They're a lovely couple, Amanda learned her MJ with me in Worthing before meeting Basil and moving to the IOW.

I've done a quick search and it looks like they're calling themselves "Island Dance Wizards". A strange name, but unforgettable! Here's their entry on UK Jive http://www.uk-jive.co.uk/org-details.asp?OrgID=883

Amanda does the teaching and is an RAD qualified dance teacher. In the opinion of most dancers this is the top dance organisation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Southern UK Jive Forum Index -> Classes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: