Southern  UK Jive Forum Index Southern UK Jive
Share Jive Experiences and Opinions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Go to the Southern UK Jive Calendar
Ceroc Live at The Hub 21/9/12

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Southern UK Jive Forum Index -> Jive Freestyle Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Southern Jiver
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:52 am    Post subject: Ceroc Live at The Hub 21/9/12 Reply with quote

Having not written any reviews for a while, I thought it was worth adding one here as I don't often attend The Hub events because, in the past, they have been overcrowded and dancing has been more of a battle than a pleasure. This time, I'm pleased to say, there was no overcrowding, even with this being the only event in the area on that night. In fact the numbers were perfect for the venue. Admittedly, there was the additional room (Room 100) open for WCS (and Blues?) which seemed to have a few people in it whenever I ventured there but generally, the numbers meant that there was room to dance. Richard B was DJ for the night and played a good selection of tracks which kept the floor busy. The beverages and cakes, biscuits etc were very welcome later on and the choccies on departure were a nice touch. This brings me to Room 100. It is advertised as a Blues / WCS room but really, it should just be advertised as WCS as there was no Blues in evidence and the music playing whenever I ventured in there was not really suitable for Blues. This is fine. There were always people doing WCS there and I doubt that many other people at the venue were into dancing Blues anyway. The WCS dancers were obviously having a good time and it was a great place for them to enjoy dancing. I don't begrudge them the chance to enjoy their dancing as there's few enough venues in the area where they can. This was after a WCS class held at the beginning of the evening there. As I said, it's not a problem for me that it was in reality just a WCS room, however I think it should be advertised as such and "Blues" should be taken off the promotion for the event. I had a very enjoyable night and have now added The Hub back onto my personal list of Venues. Smile
BLUEJIVE
Frequent Poster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: The Hub Reply with quote

Hi I have not been on this site for a while. Having recently moved to the wilds of Wiltshire. However I am back? I noticed southern jiver commented about room 101 and lack of blues/ blues dancers. I admittedly was absent on this date. However I and a small enclave of blues dancers usually haunt the blues/wcs room. Fair enough we take a small area on one side of the room, but usually find others come and join in. Martin usually notices our arrival and plays some more suitable blues tunes. So perserverence is the key Mr S J.

Looking forward to the 19th and my next visit (Chris you have been warned)
Morpheus
Frequent Poster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been the Hub quite frequently for their Ceroc Live freestyles and the WCS room has always had a mix of Blues and WCS dancers, though I agree more people are WCS'ing.

Martin the DJ is a very friendly chap with a loads of music and I'm sure if you ask him he will play Blues music. Bear in mind that WCS is danced to Blues music anyway and that a lot of what some people think of as music for Blues dancing is very often a popular track for WCS.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Southern UK Jive Forum Index -> Jive Freestyle Reviews All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: