Southern  UK Jive Forum Index Southern UK Jive
Share Jive Experiences and Opinions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Go to the Southern UK Jive Calendar
Websites for good Jive music

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Southern Jiver
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:08 pm    Post subject: Websites for good Jive music Reply with quote

There are a few websites that I have found that have good lists of Jive music.
Here are a few :

http://www.danceyourselfdizzy.com
http://www.uk-jive.co.uk/music.asp

Anyone have other suggestions?

Last edited by Southern Jiver on Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Southern Jiver
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just discovered http://www.spotify.com courtesy of the gadget Show. It's a peer to peer site but you can listen to masses of music.
Mick Hyall
Regular

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 6:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Websites for good Jive music Reply with quote

Southern Jiver wrote:
There are a few websites that I have found that have good lists of Jive music.
Here are a few :

http://www.danceyourselfdizzy.com
http://www.uk-jive.co.uk/music.asp

Anyone have other suggestions?

I thought I recognised amanteballo - that's Toby. Didn't know he had his own site.
Southern Jiver
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that they have taken so many music videos off YouTube, this can be a good place to find tracks :

http://www.last.fm/

Last edited by Southern Jiver on Thu May 21, 2009 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total
qdos
Frequent Poster

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YouTube's definitely going down the pan. I find it rather ironic that they refuse to allow us to watch/listen to videos that fans put up to share yet they allow the people making money out of them to post the same ones up.

Wasn't the whole point to YouTube to allow people to share videos online and create communities. Or was it just to make money? Sorry on a bit of a soap box there.

Yes any other suggestions to alternatives to YouTube would be greatly received. Last.fm is very good but it's heading the same way as YT It's a great resource though I've discovered quite a lot of music I'd never have come across otherwise by having an account there. Just a tip off though, if you play a track more than 3 times via Last.fm it will then stop serving up the track to you so it's not like a record collection. Good to check out new and old music though Smile
RichardP
Frequent Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://listen.grooveshark.com/ is a flash based site which allows you to listen to entire tracks for free, I've found no limitations of it yet and you can create playlists online, although you may find one or two tracks which aren't in the Grooveshark library.

The only drawback I have with it is that as it's flash based I don't think there is a way of posting links to tracks for other people to listen to. Still, a very handy site Cool
frisky

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a matter of interest, if you download a free program like MP3myMP3 for example, or use the Creative software that comes with their soundcard, you can capture any music you play through your soundcard and turn it into an MP3. It has interesting possibilities especially with Last.FM and Spotify.com who allow you to play complete tracks.
RichardP
Frequent Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now now Frisky, I'm sure that's naughty for some reason!!! Thanks for the pointers though. Unfortunately the quality of mp3 hosted on sites like these is quite low and I'm rather fussy about my music quality so I'd end up buying it anyway..

If anyone's interested I've found how to link to music within Grooveshark like this: Love And Sex And Magic it's simple, when you find a track click on it and a black info window comes from the right, this has a URL on and a useful button to copy the URL to clipboard. Easy Very Happy
qdos
Frequent Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RichardP wrote:
If anyone's interested I've found how to link to music within Grooveshark like this: Love And Sex And Magic it's simple, when you find a track click on it and a black info window comes from the right, this has a URL on and a useful button to copy the URL to clipboard. Easy Very Happy

Thanks for that Richard I just tried it and it works Smile

Shame you had to demonstrate it with such a dire track though Wink I'll rectify things for some of us more bouncey folk here by trying the feature out

Much better track to try with
Southern Jiver
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread is about "Jive Music". I have taken the liberty of deleting some posts that I consider inappropriate for this thread. SJ
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Southern UK Jive Forum Index -> Jive Music All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: