Southern  UK Jive Forum Index Southern UK Jive
Share Jive Experiences and Opinions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Go to the Southern UK Jive Calendar
Xmas Jive

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Southern Jiver
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:52 am    Post subject: Xmas Jive Reply with quote

Anna Wilson - Yule Swing
Anna Wilson (ft Chuck Wicks) - Light Me Up
B.B.King - Christmas Comes But Once A Year
B.B.King - Lonesome Christmas
Big Bad Voodoo Daddy - Is Zat You Santa Claus
Cee-Lo Green - Run Rudolph Run
Chris Isaak - Blue Christmas
Colbie Caillat - Santa Baby
Darius Rucker - Winter Wonderland
Garth Brooks - Call Me Claus
Inna - I Need You For Christmas
Lady Antebellum - Blue Christmas
Lady Antebellum - Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)
Love Unlimited Orchestra - It May Be Winter Outside (But In My Heart It's Spring)
Mariah Carey - Christmas(Baby Please Come Home)
Mindi Abair - I Can't Wait For Christmas
Reba McEntire - I Saw Mama Kissing Santa Claus
Scotty McCreery - Jingle Bells
Susan Madson - Santa Your Comin Down My Chimney
Taylor Swift - Christmas Must Be Something More
U2 - Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)

Last edited by Southern Jiver on Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Andy McGregor
Forum legend

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great selection.

I'm currently loving Santa Baby by Sheila E. It sounds like it would be part of the sound track for the Christmas edition of Dirty Dancing.

Also, I play a "Last Waltz" at my nights and I'm loving Silver Bells by Neil Diamond - although a slip of the mouse meant I, embarrassingly, played it during the beginners Modern Jive lesson on Tuesday Embarassed

N.B. On the subject of the "Last Waltz". I started playing a waltz track at the end of the night a few years ago with no intention that people would actually dance. Initially I played a Waltz because I wanted to play some music while people were saying goodbye and changing their shoes at the end of the night - but I didn't want them to jive to it so it had to be a song that wasn't 4/4 time. What happened? Some people tried to jive to it and others started to waltz. Eventually people started asking for waltz lessons so they could join in - I had to go back to school and get lessons in teaching the waltz.

Last night we had almost everyone up and doing the waltz to Silver Bells, lovely!

Southern Jiver
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Andy. It took many hours sitting at the PC to assemble these, hopefully, non-cheesey , tracks. Smile I know there are three versions of Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) and two of Blue Christmas but, to my mind, they are different enough that they are still good in this selection. Surprisingly excellent Christmas tracks by B.B. King and I find myself strangely enjoying the Jingle Bells by Scott McCreery. You might also notice that there are quite a few Country influenced tracks which suggests that there might well be more Country tracks suitable for Jiving hitherto unexposed to the Jive world. Smile
Andy McGregor
Forum legend

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Southern Jiver wrote:
hopefully, non-cheesey , tracks. Smile
Nothing wrong with a bit of cheese at Christmas. Especially if it's Stilton washed down with a bottle of vintage Port.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Southern UK Jive Forum Index -> Jive Music All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: