Southern  UK Jive Forum Index Southern UK Jive
Share Jive Experiences and Opinions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Go to the Southern UK Jive Calendar
New AND Old Music
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dizzybee
Forum legend

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:32 pm    Post subject: New AND Old Music Reply with quote

Here are some more of my Favs..
Crazy Thing Called Love by Micheal Bubl'e
Free by Ultra nate-Album Cream 15 Years
I Believe by happy Clappers
Where Love Lives by Alison Limerick
Tronic by Karotte (Not everyones cup of tea but I love it!!)
369 by Bobby IV Cupid (Album-Step up 2, he Streets)
Sight For Sore Eyes by M People
Excited by M People
Dr Beat by Gloria Estafan
You'll Be Mine Party Time by Gloria Estafan
Because The Night by Cascada
Closer by Neyo
Bruised Water by Chicane/Natasha Beddingfield
You & Me by Blue Ray (Floor Fillers Vol 3)
Return Of The Mack by 4 Strings Feat Mack
We Went As far As We Felt Like Going by Pussy cat Dolls
That Don't Impress me Much by Shania Twain
U Sure Do by Strike
Push The Feeling On by Night Crawlers

My Fingers are numb now will post some more Favoutites soon Wink
Southern Jiver
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good dancing with you last night...now I know who you are ! Smile

Interesting mixture of tracks you posted. Quite a heavy influence of Club Anthems (Cream, Floorfillers etc) which aren't particularly to my liking, but some good familiar oldies like Gloria Estefan, Shania Twain and M People. I still have to be convinced about the Neil Sedaka ones you posted earlier. Laughing

See the "Latest Favourites" thread for some more from me.
Dizzybee
Forum legend

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now you know who I am dont tell anyone eh.. Laughing Only jesting.. and you too thank you for the dances, Friday & Saturday..Gosh what a little stop out I am Laughing Oh yes my music choice.. yes there are a few from athems & R&B I do have a very wide range of music choice.. I Basically like anything with a good beat & rythmn.. Theres no bad music out there,, just people have different preferences.. Even.. I Go Ape & Little Devil By Neil Sedaka!! I am Sooooo laughing.. Laughing Honestly.. they are great tracks..You say you cant find them.. I bet someone can.. If not I will get them to you by hook or by crook..
Dizzybee
Forum legend

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well now I'm back with some broadband I can post you some more favourites.. There is quite a list and they are not downloads.. they are from my own CD collection... Watch this space in "Latest favourites"
Chrissie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:38 pm    Post subject: Music Reply with quote

I love the music at Winchester. Some of my favourite tracks are:

Young Hearts Run Free - Candy Statton
A girl like you - Edwin Collins
Lady - Mo'Jo
Don't go breaking my heart - Elton John & Kiki Dee
Are we human? - The Killers
Anything by Madonna, Cher, Shania Twain ...

I would love to see some more heavy music thrown in occasionally. Bon Jovi and Bryan Adams are great to dance to.

The 70's music is always good but, instead of Abba, why can't we dig up some Rolling Stones, Fleetwood Mac, Bad Company, Eric Clapton, The Who ...
qdos
Frequent Poster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:36 am    Post subject: Re: Music Reply with quote

Chrissie wrote:

I would love to see some more heavy music thrown in occasionally. Bon Jovi and Bryan Adams are great to dance to.

The 70's music is always good but, instead of Abba, why can't we dig up some Rolling Stones, Fleetwood Mac, Bad Company, Eric Clapton, The Who ...

The key is getting something to Jive to but I love this one by The Rolling Stones only never heard it played at any of the venues Sad mind you it's from 2002 Wink "Don't Stop"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvOl9nVdGLQ

What do you guys think ?

If you like ROCK then try this one this really is my kind of music
"Cosmos Rockin" Queen + Paul Rodgers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhNHtZulQb0
Live in front of 350,000 fans with shed loads of them rockin' n jivin' but I doubt you'll ever hear it played at Ceroc Wink Not enough musicality I expect LOL Don't tell the dancers at 2min 30 though!

Southern Jiver
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

qdos, Rolling Stones - Don't Stop. Yes, great tune but a bit slow and rather long (just over 5 mins) for a Jive freestyle track.

The Queen one is really fast. Do you really Jive to that? I must be getting old. Laughing

My idea of Jive Rock is ZZ Top, George Thorogood and the Destroyers, Stray Cats, Bryan Adams, Bruce Springsteen etc. But it takes all sorts.
DJ Andy
Frequent Poster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I make 'Don't Stop' by The Rolling Stones to be 132 bpm...about the same as a lot of your favourite jive tunes Southern Jiver! Laughing

It would seem that the feel, rhythm, mood and style of a track can influence how people perceive its tempo.

Personally, this particular track doesn't do a lot for me dancewise - it's a bit samey and lacks the energy that would transfer to the dancefloor, but that's just my opinion. Maybe, at the right time, and at the right place it would work well as a MJ tune.
Southern Jiver
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really? That surprises me, Andy. The Youtube movie definitely seemed to be playing that track much slower than that. I would have put it at more like 120 bpm. Maybe it depends on the speed of the computer... Smile

I have just measured it at 130 bpm so I have to admit it is faster than I initially thought and, yes, I can dance to it ok. Confused
Olly
Frequent Poster

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually like the Queen track and it certainly gets the foot tapping, but it is way too fast for a modern Jive night. This was confirmed as I tried it out as an experiment at the Jive Juke box at Minstead and it cleared the floor after 30 seconds!! Laughing
Southern Jiver
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's great that you are trying out these ideas for music at your freestyles, Olly, even if they don't always succeed. I thought it was a bit fast too but it would be interesting to see if the Rolling Stones one was ok.
Olly
Frequent Poster

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi SJ, missed you last night, but great to here you had agood one at U-Jive.

Agree with DJ Andy, the Stones track does nothing for me as the bpm does not translate into energy on the floor and wouldn't play it unless specifically asked and even then I would probably suggest another Stones tracks which has a similar bpm but sound more uptempo. Last night I also played Bryan Adams - Summer of 69 and Billy Joel's - Still Rock and Roll to Me as DJ choices (not requests) who says Ceroc DJs don't play uptempo rock! Wink[/code]
The-G-Man
Frequent Poster

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone played the Queen song i would dance to it! not the fact i love queen but its a great song to dance too.

Has anyone heard Setpembers new album?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slzEYV0ZbLM

Looks like a good Jiving song and very upbeat.
Nicky
Forum legend

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was at Minstead last night and didnt even bother attempting to dance to the Queen track....I love dancing to fast tracks, but when they are TOO fast, the dance becomes more of a frenetic arm wrenching session than an enjoyable interpretation of the music..... In short, definately not an ideal choice of track for your average modern jiver!
Olly
Frequent Poster

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This highlights the DJ dilemma pefectly! A couple of people on the forum love the track and would dance to it and others (including me) who think it is way too fast and would normally avoid it. Confused Perhaps as dancers, we do not always differentiate between tracks that we like to listen to as opposed to tracks that can be danced and enjoyed by both leaders and followers. Personally, I think fast music can bring out the worst in bad leads. Anyway, based on last night, you can be rest assured that Cosmos Rockin' will not be getting another airing! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Southern UK Jive Forum Index -> Jive Music All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 1 of 14

Jump to: